ANTI RAGGING CELL:
GCG LDLH has an active Anti Ragging cell in the college for curbing the menace of ragging in order to prohibit prevent and eliminate the source of ragging. It takes necessary steps for implementation of regulation notified by the UGC and ensures their strict compliance and the same has been notified to the monitoring agency. In this regard during session 2016-17.
- In the college anti ragging committee, anti ragging cell and anti ragging squad were formulated.
- CCTV cameras have been installed in the college covering almost all the main areas of college.
- Regular interaction and counseling of students on this issue is carried out in tutorial groups and assemblies.
- There is anti ragging warning in the prospectus of the college and admission form which is duly signed by the students and parents.
- National helpline number and website have been put up on the college website.
- Member of the anti ragging cell prepared posters on anti ragging along with college help line number and national anti ragging helpline number and website and displayed them at all important places of the college like canteen, hostel, PCO, gate, auditorium, library ,admission centre and in front of all the departments.
- Installation ceremony had been arranged by anti ragging cell for all the students of college where executive members were given badges and following item were the highlights of the program.
- PPT on ragging and its consequences.
- Poem recitation
- Poster making competition was held
- Signature drive:- An initiative of anti ragging cell was organized where Principal Madam Prof. Dr. (Mrs) Mohinder Kaur Grewal, teaching and non teaching staff and students signed and declared that GCG LDH is “Ragging free campus”.
- Skit on “Ragging” and its ill effect was prepared & presented by students on the stage.
- Poster Making Competition was held & winners were given prizes.
Installation of Anti Ragging Cell: