RED CROSS UNIT:
The Mission and objective of Red Cross is to prevent and lessen human suffering, making no discrimination on the basis of caste, colour, creed, sex, language and religious beliefs. The aims of Red Cross society of Govt. College for Girls are as follows:
- Service to the poor, needy, sick, suffering children, orphans and old persons.
- To Promote and take care of one’s own health and that of others.
- To disseminate the message of Red Cross amongst the masses with a selfless motive.
- To recruit, train and promote the young volunteers for undertaking humanitarian responsibilities.
- To educate masses on how to prepare for and respond to any disaster and emergency. The members of Red Cross society are enrolled every year by teachers in charge and student president of the society. Membership is open to all the students of the college. The enrolled volunteers participate actively in various programmmes / campaigns and undertake voluntary service. Since its inception, the college Red Cross society, which works under the able guidance of the principal of the college, has been doing yeoman’s service by helping and visiting old age homes, orphanages and schools for differently – abled / less privileged children.
Installation of Red Cross Unit:
A lecture on Gynal & Urogynal problem in women was delivered by Dr. Vidhu Moudhgil and Dr. Zennie Sarda of Suman Hospital, Ludhiana.