THE PREVENTION OF CASTE BASED DISCRIMINATION COMMITTEE (PCDC)
As per the direction of UGC, internal committee has been constituted by the Institution to monitor the caste based discrimination complaints from students /faculty members/non- faculty members belonging to SC/ST/OBC communities. The role of the committee would be to ensure that faculty members/non-faculty members/students desist from any act of discrimination against SC/ST/OBC communities on ground of their social origin. The committee would ensure that no faculty members/ non- faculty members / students indulge in any kind of discrimination against any community or category. Time bound and required actions would need to be initiated by the committee whenever necessary.
The committee comprises of the following members:
||STATUS IN COMMITTEE
||DR. SHARANJIT PARMAR
PROCESS AND FUNCTIONING:
- A complaint about discrimination or harassment as defined by the regulations may be made in writing /online by the faculty members/ non-faculty members/students to the committee.
- The written/online complaint should be submitted to the committee of PCDC.
- The complaint shall include sufficient details of the alleged Act of discrimination or harassment.
- On receipt of a written/online complaint the committee shall initiate the time–bound and required action including Preliminary fact-finding enquiry.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENTS:
- Any kind of discrimination on the basis of caste, creed, religion, language, ethnicity, gender and disability is strictly prohibited in the Institution.
- Institution will be very sensitive while dealing with incidents of caste discrimination and a strict action will be taken against such cases.
- In case the complainant is proved/found wrong by the PCDC, strict disciplinary action will be taken against him/ her.
In pursuance to the UGC, New Delhi to install an online system to Lodge Complaint against the instances of Caste Based Discrimination, an online Portal has been developed for the use of Students/Faculty members/Non faculty members of the College. They may Register their grievances and concerns regarding SC/ST/OBC discrimination and any kind of caste related injustice online, so as to avail proper solution for the inconveniences they had experienced.
Caste Based Discrimination Complaints System (CBDC) provides a platform for the authorities to curb Caste-Based Discrimination at the College, hence maintain an environment of Social Equality.
Below is the form to Lodge Complaint.