ANTI RAGGING CELL
GOVERNMENT COLLEGE FOR GIRLS, LUDHIANA
"RAGGING IS COGNIZABLE OFFENCE AND IS BANNED IN ANY FORM INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THE CAMPUS"
- According to Hon'ble Supreme Court of India, Ragging in Educational Institutions is banned.
- Ragging is a Cognizable Offence.
- Senior students are advised not to indulge in Ragging in college campus.
- Ragging entails heavy fine/punishment/suspension.
- Ragging is undesirable social offence, which is totally banned in the college.
ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE
1 DR. SHARANJIT KAUR PARMAR – (79738-58702)
2 MS. GURVINDER KAUR - (62395- 77020)
3 MS. SHARDHA BHATIA - (94170-06124)
4 MS. AMANDEEP KAUR - (98728- 15858)
Student becoming a victim of Ragging should immediately inform to the concerned committee.
Grievance Redressal Cell
GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
GOVERNMENT COLLEGE FOR GIRLS, LUDHIANA
GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL has been formed in the college as per the UGC guidelines to redress the grievances of both the Staff and the Students. Since the inception of the college, the Committee has been under the direct purview of the Principal. The Grievances received by the Principal are forwarded to the concerned Committee members who look in to the problems depending upon the seriousness of the issue. The Committee has been continuously striving to take the best efforts possible to create a harmonious and conducive atmosphere.
Functioning of the GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
- To accept written Grievance from Staff and Students related to the Institution.
- To create and implement a mechanism to handle the reported Grievances.
- To listen, record and scrutinize the Grievances submitted to them by the staff and students and take necessary steps immediately.
- To attend to the Grievances based on the authenticity and gravity of the criticisms made.
- To represent the Grievances to the concerned section which may include maintenance, academic, amenities etc.
- To convene periodical meetings to discuss whether the grievances have been settled.
- To make a follow-up of these matters at regular intervals till their final disposal.
- To maintain strict confidentiality.
MEMBERS OF GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
1 DR. YOGESH SHARMA - 99882-93833
2 MS.GURJINDER KAUR - 98147-83983
3 PROF. DR. SUKWINDER SINGH - 98147- 99222
4 DR. PARMINDER GILL - 94648-46165
5 DR.RAJIV SEHGAL - 98724-51245
6 MS. BALJIT KAUR - 93143-40007
7 MR. JASWINDER SINGH - 95017-00813
Any student who wishes to file a Grievance can contact the Committee members.
Caste-based Discrimination Redressal Cell
THE PREVENTION OF CASTE BASED DISCRIMINATION COMMITTEE (PCDC)
As per the direction of UGC, internal committee has been constituted by the Institution to monitor the caste based discrimination complaints from students /faculty members/non- faculty members belonging to SC/ST/OBC communities. The role of the committee would be to ensure that faculty members/non-faculty members/students desist from any act of discrimination against SC/ST/OBC communities on ground of their social origin. The committee would ensure that no faculty members/ non- faculty members / students indulge in any kind of discrimination against any community or category. Time bound and required actions would need to be initiated by the committee whenever necessary.
The committee comprises of the following members:
|STATUS IN COMMITTEE
|DR. SHARANJIT PARMAR
PROCESS AND FUNCTIONING
- A complaint about discrimination or harassment as defined by the regulations may be made in writing /online by the faculty members/ non-faculty members/students to the committee.
- The written/online complaint should be submitted to the committee of PCDC.
- The complaint shall include sufficient details of the alleged Act of discrimination or harassment.
- On receipt of a written/online complaint the committee shall initiate the time–bound and required action including Preliminary fact-finding enquiry.
INSTRUTIONS FOR STUDENTS
- Any kind of discrimination on the basis of caste, creed, religion, language, ethnicity, gender and disability is strictly prohibited in the Institution.
- Institution will be very sensitive while dealing with incidents of caste discrimination and a strict action will be taken against such cases.
- Incase the complainant is proved/found wrong by the PCDC, strict disciplinary action will be taken against him/ her.
Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell
As per the judgements and guidelines pronounced by the Honourable Supreme Court and the directions of the University Grants Commission (UGC) for the enforcement of basic human rights, equality, and a safe campus, the college has established an Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell ( Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace - Prevention, Prohibition, and Redressal Act,2013, Chapter -II, Section 4 under Internal complaint Committee) for the prevention of harassment of women and to uphold the dignity of all.
The cell plays a proactive role in foregrounding gender equality, promoting equal opportunities, and creating an environment free from harassment, discrimination, intimidation, and any kind of abuse. Any student found guilty will face strict punitive action by being suspended from the college and his admission cancelled.
Link for Handbook on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace
Name / Contact
Dr. Yogesh Sharma (9988293833)
Mrs. Gurjinder Kaur (9814783983)
Dr. Parminder Gill (9464846165)
Dr. Rajiv Kumar Sehgal (9872451245)
Mrs. Baljit Kaur (9314340007)
Sh. Jaswinder Singh (9501700813)
Mrs. Anita Malhotra (NGO member) (9815969740)